Education & Affiliations:
Alynne Davis is a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC) who has over 6 years of professional counseling experience working with multiple populations including eating disorders, anxiety disorders, depressive disorders-including postpartum, substance abuse, marital issues, parenting, grief, adjustment, and trauma. She has experience working with eating disorders at the outpatient, intensive outpatient, and partial hospitalization level of cares. She is a certified in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Systems of Care. She is trained in Cognitive Behavioral Treatment Enhanced. She is also a MARI practitioner (Mandala Assessment Research Instrument) and Expressive Arts Therapist. She has presented in the community about body image issues, social media myths, self-compassion, empowerment, and resiliency. She integrates Cognitive Behavioral Therapy with person centered, humanistic and narrative approaches.
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC) by the State of North Carolina
- Masters Degree in Clinical Health Counseling with a specialization in Expressive Arts Therapy, Lesley University in Cambridge, MA
- Bachelors Degree in Sociology with a concentration in Criminology and minor in Psychology, Appalachian State University
- Eating Disorder specific internship at TranscendED
- Mandala Assessment Research Instrument (MARI) Practitioner